Anything Grants support projects, infrastructure and programs of local Jewish organizations.
The Jewish Federation of Omaha is pleased to announce the launch of the
Staenberg Family Foundation “Anything Grants™”. Based on a generous
commitment from Michael Staenberg and the Staenberg Family
Foundation, “Anything Grants™” will provide a broad range of support for
Jewish organizations and synagogues in the Omaha Metro Area.
Michael and Carol Staenberg chose to establish the Staenberg Family Foundation in 2005 to mobilize resources needed to preserve and enhance Jewish life in St. Louis, Israel and around the world. They have now expanded their support to Omaha where Michael was born and raised. The Staenbergs hope that their actions will inspire others to give back to the community by funding Anything Grants to benefit Jewish organizations in Omaha, Lincoln or Council Bluffs. These special one-time matching grants will range from $1000 to $5000, equal to 50 percent of the project budget. Organizations are responsible for raising the remaining 50 percent from other sources. Project budgets not to exceed $10,000. For more information about Michael Staenberg’s passion for the Omaha community see the February 3,2017 Jewish Press article.
You will be directed to the
Jewish Federation of Omaha’s online grant management system, Spectrum
Granted Edge. You will need to create an account in order to apply for
an Anything Grant. If
you have any questions or problems with the application process, please
contact Louri Sullivan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Goals of Anything Grants:
- Contribute to local agencies that help create a thriving Jewish communities in Omaha, Lincoln and Council Bluffs.
- Leave a lasting legacy by spreading tangible acts of goodwill throughout the Omaha, Lincoln and Council Bluffs
- Encourage other members of the local Jewish community to support important initiatives, projects and organizations.
Eligible Grant Applications could be
for anything, including:
- Hiring a nonprofit consultant
- Purchasing technology
- Staff/Board professional development
- Building beatification/improvement
- May also be programmatic, but since this may be a one-time grant, we encourage grants for specific one-time needs
Criteria for Anything Grants:
- Grants will be given to Jewish non-profit agencies, organizations or
synagogues in the Omaha community. No individuals or for-profit
- All applicants must have a 501(c)3 tax status.
- Grants will range from $1,000 to $5,000 (so your project budget cannot exceed $10,000).
- The request should be for 50% of your projected program budget – you
must articulate how the other 50% will be raised. Grantees will be
required to provide evidence of the matching funds that were raised.
- Your request should not be part of a larger campaign. We want to
fund projects that can be accomplished with our contribution as half of
the project budget.
- We encourage submission of proposals for specific one-time needs. If
it is for an ongoing project, a sustainability plan must be
- Projects must be completed by January 31, 2018.
- Grantees will be required to complete a progress report upon
completion of the project in order to receive payment. If the grant is
for a building/capital project, grantees will be required to demonstrate
completion via photos, receipts, invoices paid, etc.
For more information or if you have any questions, please contact Louri Sullivan
at email@example.com or 402-334-6485.